Thursday, July 7, 2011

A little Studio Organizing

I came across this wonderful blog and found this great method for folding fabrics......http://cuttopieces.blogspot.com/2011/02/fabric-folding-tutorial.html.  Placed an order with Amazon to get 200 comic book backer boards.....free shipping of course and went to work.  I am in love. It looks so nice and I am able to store so much more fabric on my shelves.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

 Most of this is doll clothes fabrics but I also use quilting fabrics.
 Cute little storage shelf form Target....
 Love the way the fatquarters are folded and  stored. I believe they are mesh CD bins.
My work table by my sewing table.  I have an U shaped work area with the work table on my right, an ironing table on the left and my sewing machine table at the head. That way with a swivel chair everything is at my fingertips. I just have to remember to get up and move around though.

Off to work on a few custom dolls and a quilt for moi!
Take care,
Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Oh....I love your organization...can I come and play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great display of fabric and so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful organization of your fabrics and love the mesh bins for your fat qtrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I LOVE it! All organized! What great ideas, too! I shall have to give some serious thought to some organization here, that's for sure. I've been trying to decide how to organize my fabric and this looks like it would work well for me, too! YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! You must have just loved doing this as it's a masterpiece! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is all so tidy, pretty and organized. i love it!!! Now i am wishing i could have some space to spread myself out again.

    ReplyDelete