Monday, February 1, 2010

Charmed Whirlygig Quiltalong

I can't believe that it is already February! We got about 10" of snow on Saturday, so it sure feels like winter is still here!

I have started the Charmed Whirlygig Quiltalong today and hope that you will join in. I decided to use the new charm packs that came this past weekend. It is Verna by Kate Spain for Moda. I fell in love with this line everytime I saw it on the internet.All cut and ready to sew.......
First of 42 blocks done. These go together really quickly.
If you decide to join in, please let us know what fabric you have decided on. I have never done a quiltalong before so it may take me a little time to get everything set up. Here is the link to the flickr group- http://www.flickr.com/groups/1347288@N21/ It can also be found on the side of my blog.
Take care,
Cathy

12 comments:

  1. This line of fabric is so fun and fresh! It's popping up in blogland like crazy...Love it! Whirligigs are going to be just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i just love lily of the valley...what cute fabric...i have some fig and plum to use, but havent gotten the job done...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Verna fabric...it's going to make a wonderful whirlygig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine cut today using Moda's Arcadia. I cut them from a layer cake. I have 4 blocks sewn so far. They do go together really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming...wait for me! I'm going to use Urban Chiks Blossom line...I only have 1 charm pack, but I have 5 fat quarters, so I think I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about using my amy butler stash, but I was kind of hoping to make the larger square. Am I missing it on your blog????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I want the bigger block too since I will be using stash not charm squares

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess if I want to take part I need to get going. I love these quilts of yours and want to make one of my own too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there still time to join your Charmed Whirlygig Quiltalong?? I will be a bit behind the other, waiting for my charmed squares to arrive. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Verna layer cake and am loving the colors! Your whirlygig will look wonderful using this fabric. I'd love to sew along, even though I have four other quilt-alongs going...but it's hard to resist! I'll see!

    I just found your blog this morning from a link on Life Scraps. It's always fun to find another VA blogger/quilter! We're over the mountain in the Valley and are digging out from the snow!

    Belated b'day wishes. I'll be back to check out your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started today - I had 2 Odyssea charm packs that I wasn't sure what to use them for - this is perfect! My first block is a little off around the edges - I was wondering what size each finished block should be for the charm whirly gigs? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Cathy. I was wondering if you have a link that we can add to our sidebar, so if others want to join they can link up. Sorry, I am very new to the blogging community and I haven't figured everything out yet. Still haven't received my charm squares yet. Hopefully, by Friday so I can get started. Loving the ones posted so far. Wish I could get my hands on some of the Arcadia fabric - it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete