Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sometimes you just need a splurge!

Or to stop surfing internet fabric sites! LOL But, I prefer to think that one needs a little spring fabric in the gloomy month of Feb. I received this today in the mail and can't wait to cut into it. I will finish piecing my whirlygig quilt first though. I will, I will, I will!!!!
The fabric is "Dolce" by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit. I just love the combination of aqua, pink, orange and grey.
So pretty! I got it in 2 days for a great price from http://stores.burgundybuttons.com/StoreFront
I have been meaning to share that I ended up using flannel as a backing for my daughter's last quilt and it turned out really well. It was from JoAnn's, but I washed it in hot water and dried it on high before I used it and didn't have any extra shrinkage beyond what you get with a cotton backing. I put regular batting in it and it is so warm, especially for a 25 year old on their own and paying for their own heat! ;-) I was concerned that it would shrink out of proportion, but it didn't.

Take care all,
Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics. Shopping on the net is fun!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful...i love those fabrics. online shopping is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these fabrics too! I can't wait to see what your going to make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo gorgeous...definitely worth the splurge and the thrill of the new fabric! that will brighten any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Burgundy Buttons! I've bought fabric there before!
    That fabric you got is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I just had to go order some too!! What a great price. I am so excited to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I thought I was over wanting more fabric...you come along and show me that...oh my goodness.......love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous fabric, Cathy! Looking forward to seeing how you use it. AFTER you finish your whirlygig quilt, that is. {grin}

    ReplyDelete