Sunday, January 17, 2010

Is anyone interested in a Whirlygig Quiltalong...complete wIth a tutorial?

I have that little voice inside me saying "it's time, it's time- time for a whirlygig quilt.....you can't possibly think that you have made enough of them," So I thought I would see if anyone wanted to make one together? The pattern that I came up with (quite possibly out in the quilt world though) is one where you do not have to trim the blocks after constructing them.I can do a short little tutorial and then we could get really crazy and swap 5 1/2" by 6" Pieces of fabric to use if people were interested.

PLease let me know if you are interested. I think it would be so fun and for those who have never make this quilt will see how much fun it is to make. Easy, fast and a lot of pizazz!
I have some scraps from the quilt right above if anyone would like them. I made 2 quilts with the fabric and the leftovers need a new home.
Hopeing to hear from you!!!!
Cathy

20 comments:

  1. I would love a tutorial!! They are adorable!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the scraps left over from the quilt please and the tutorial tempts me as well. I love the idea of a real scrappy quilt made up of materials from all around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the sound of it. I saw Amanda Jean at Crazy mom quilts make one awhile back and liked the look, so if it gets off the ground I'm willing to join in and share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would like it all...the tutorial...the scrap swap and the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to make one, so let's do it. and if your scraps need a good home, I'm willing to take them in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cathy, I would love a tutorial! Thinkin' a nice scrappy whirlygig is the next large quilt for me! I'll pass on the scraps giveaway cuz I've got a few {grin}. Will be waiting to see what's next with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to quilt along with you, and of course, I would love your scraps if they're not already claimed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a tutorial too! If you are drawing for the scraps, please add me too~ I love the soft look of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interested. Please do a tutorial!

    Nancy E

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love that, I was going to make this for my daughter for Christmas, but never got around to it. A quilt a long is just what I need to keep motivated to get it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in!!! I have scraps that need to be a quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like fun. If the scraps are not gone, I would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi cathy I would love you to do A tutorial
    fot the quilt and add my name to the list for yur scraps please they are very yummy
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Depending on when it is, I may be game. I also think it would be fun to swap scraps from people all over the US or world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, I might be in! I did a table runner with thei pattern for Chirstmas and even had the hubby make me a template from plexi glass. It would be fun to see how everyones turns out. I would also like a shot at those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be interested in joining in for the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to join you, as well. I think it would be so much fun to do one with charms.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this! I don't like having to trim after I sew - it seems self-defeating. I'm going to try this tomorrow. Or maybe tonight, if my insomnia continues! I'd be game for a quilt along or a swap, too. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete