Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hourglass Love and a Little Retro

I did not mean to fall off the face of the Earth lately! I have been sewing some, in fact have enough blocks finished to put 2 new tops together. First up is some hourglass blocks made with "Bijoux" fabric by Heather Bailey.Next are some blocks made with Moda's "Hello Betty". I am not a "retro person", but thought this fabric would look great in our Airstream Trailer. Also, I have seen the fabric made up in a few quilts and fell in love with it. It was one of those should I, shouldn't I decisions. ;-) Glad that I made the right one and it was on sale!
I hope that everyone is doing well and getting a lot done. My backlog of quilt tops to be quilted is reaching 8 which is more than I like. How many unquilted tops do you have laying around?Nosy, err inquiring minds would love to know!

Take care,
Cathy


10 comments:

  1. Love your hourglass blocks and crazy about the Hello Betty blocks (very cute). The number of quilt tops is very, very high - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make the hello betty with a layer cake? those blocks are beautiful. i can not wait to see how you get it all layed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks. I love the colors and hour glass is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hum, I think I have 3 or 4....not quite 8 though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cathy...love what you're doing with those blocks. And, really liking the fabrics! I have 2 quilt tops done. Just laying around waiting for me. Perhaps will get one done this weekend.

    Be sure to check out my blog in a few days to see the finished quilt I made from 'scraps' from you. {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Hourglass blocks and the Hello Betty blocks are dynamite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both sets of blocks. They look great. I have 3 unquilted tops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you're doing. I love both of those blocks. I probably have at least 30 if not 40 unquilted tops. I'm working through my backlog, though. My machine is giving me fits right now, though, so I'll probably have to take it in to the doctor for some TLC. Then I can get back to making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 6 to bind, 4 to quilt then bind and uncountable in various stages of tops! I swore when I took up this hobby/craft I would never be like my mom and do this! This year is my "finish it up and start fresh next year" year!!n (riiiight)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Hello Betty line! I made a quilt for our bed in our bedroom with it. I cant get enough of the gray fabric with white, and coral flowers drool... I still have some stashed away ;)

    ReplyDelete