Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Craft ;-)

A long time ago when my 28 year old son was just a baby, I made soft sculptured dolls. As the way with many of the crafts that I did, spinning, weaving, temari, I put it aside and went on to knitting and quilting. While looking through etsy the other week, I saw these delightful dolls and decided that I needed to make some. They are Waldorf inspired dolls. And while pretty intensive to make I am in love with making them. I have made 4 with one more just needing hair in the last week and show no signs of stopping yet. LOL
I am determined to get my etsy shop back up and running and will have these in there as well as some of my quilts. I have been putting in 10 hour days, but am having a blast. Sometimes the old fingers get achey, but that may be my age. ;-)
This one was my very first.....definitely a learning curve. I need to fix her arms -they aren't sewn on in the right direction.
Take care,
Cathy

10 comments:

  1. I love your dolls. I particularly like how you've done the hair. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dolls are so sweet. Good luck with them in your shop.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    I would LOVE to buy one of these dolls from you for my daughter! How much are they?
    Email me! hmscott@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Cathy! Those DO look like a lot of work, but so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! I've been wanting to make these for my kids. I bought a book, wool, and skin fabric, but I'm a little intimidated to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made dolls long ago too (about the same time as you) and not since. You have picked back up on it amazingly - they are adorable and have such personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are such sweet little dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a granddaughter....

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Cathy. I'm gonna have to get one of those from you...my sweetie granddaughter would LOVE one! They are a.dor.able.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been browsing through your blog and I just adore those dolls. They are so simple and yet so charmingly clever. I love the hair ever so much.

    ReplyDelete