Friday, November 6, 2009

What I have been doing while not blogging;-)

I have been making a lot of little things such as tissue holders, key fobs, and fabric flowers for the craft show that I am in next week. I can't stay away from quilting entirely though. I finished piecing this top tonight. It is "Park Slope" fabric by Erin McMorris and I used the fun pattern "Jelly-Filled" by Thimble Blossoms. It is a quick top and makes a nice size...so much so that I think that I will need to send it out to be quilted.Two years ago , I wouldn't have bought fabric with such bright colors, but now I can't get enough of them. I have a plain white bedspread on my bed so anythings goes.
Aother name pillow, this one for my daughter. She loves all that I make for her.....so good for the self esteem.
I hope that everyone is doing well and looking forward to a nice weekend,
Cathy-who camped last weekend in all the rain. We had only 10 minutes of sunshine and that is probably being generous. Two people, 2 goldens and 1 cavalier in a 20ft Airstream make for some tight quarters......definitely staying home this weekend!!!

8 comments:

  1. I adore your Park Slope quilt. I just love that line...would you have any orange/green swirl left that you would like to swap for? I have most all pieces of park slope, but for that one...think about it!
    krousegirl2 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a fun quilt...jelly filled looks so great with all these bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh, what fun! I love those fabrics! The quilt looks great! As does the name pillow...must get something done like that...it's scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun fabrics! Great quilt & pillow. Sorry it rained on your camping trip. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your quilt!! that is beautiful!!!::):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt...it's so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice quilt & love the pillows
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabrics on that quilt. I love Park Slope. And I LOVE the name pillows. Someday I'll get the guts to do one myself. = )

    ReplyDelete